Thursday, March 26, 2009

When Will We See It All

Just when you think you have seen everything, more comes along. A man is driving home after sharing time with his nephew at lunch and is shot by a stray bullet from a gang shoot out. He dies. President Obama will speak at Notre Dame. Will that be the first time he attends "church" since talking to Rick Warren?
I am let go from my job and face another knee operation. It would be a simple thing to feel sorry for myself.
I am lifted in my spirit knowing that after surgery, and a long rehab, I will feel much better and may finally take working out more seriously. Also, it has made me feel good that so many of my former customers at ASU have written some very kind words to me and have said nice things in support of me.
And, how can I ever have unjoyful thoughts as long as Jean is my wife and in my life.
I can not help but feel for those that haved faithfully served at Central Christian Church and were told Tuesday that they were being let go by the church. How can any one feel sorry for their circumstances when we think of these people giving their heart, soul and lives to serving God in this place? I can not help but think what I could have done to prevent this. Given more? Well, yeah.
I know God has His mighty hand on these people and their families. And He will provide other opportunities to minister.

No comments:

Post a Comment