Saturday, August 8, 2009

Willow Creek Association Leadership Summit

I held off in going to the Leadership Summit at Central because I did not think of myself as a leader. However, I have gone the past two years. Although, I still do not think of myself as a leader, I have gotten alot out of both summits. The premiss is that we all lead something. A corporation, a ministry, a family, but more importantly, our own lives. I have seen we need to take ownership and responsibility of our own lives even before we can be responsible with other lives.

I have gleaned tidbits and inspiration from both years concerning my life. Applying just one or two concepts from the two days can help anyone. Two things I picked up and what I will attempt for my life is, one, to read something worthwhile for at least 30 minutes a day. Okay, sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to read the sports page. But they mean't something written by a meaningful author.

Second thought I got, and this was not necessarily taught like this, but I need to look more at how all areas of the Bible always come back to the central theme of the Gospel, Christ died for my sins. It all seems to center around that one thing, eh? Paul said any other Gospel is rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment