Friday, October 2, 2009

Reminders From The Past

I was looking through some old papers yesterday and came across my dad's birth certificate and the program from his memorial service. The service was held at the Falconer Funneral Home. The following was poem was on the program. I thought it has so much meaning even now as I am going through a not-so-high point in my life. It is just a reminder that I have an advantage, even now, over those who do not know God, that I do have the faith that God will provide for my every need. I am thankful I have friends and a wife from heaven to remind me of that each day.

Here is the poem:
God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not not promised sun without rain,
joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

But God hath promised strength for the day,
rest for the labor, light for the way,
grace for the trials, help fromabove,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love...

No comments:

Post a Comment