Friday, September 10, 2010

BETWEEN THE ROCK AND A HARD PLACE

I know we have all heard, and probably used, the term, "Between a Rock and a Hard Place". Eugene Peterson of the Washigton Post just used it in describing a situation that the President is in. I wonder how that became a negative term.

It seems if we are between the Rock and a hard place, wouldn't that mean we are between Jesus, the solid rock and the firm ground that we should build our house, or live our life?

Psalm 18:2 says, "The Lord is my Rock and my Fortress and my Deliverer, my God and my Rock, in whom I take refuge. My Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold." That sounds like a good place to be.

In Matthew 7:24-27, Jesus tells us to build our house on solid ground, the rock, so to speak. Not on the sandy, unstable ground. That way, when the storms come, which there will be many in our lives, the house will stay standing.

That tells me that being between a rock and a hard place is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment