Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rob Bell and In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

I am sure every one has done this at one time...or many. Just like others, I have tried to add dialog into Bible stories. Like when Peter was walking on the water, I wonder if he was talking trash to the other disciples. Like maybe he said hey look at me, I am pretty cool, eh? Okay, perhaps he didnt talk with a Canadien accent.

I wonder what was said when Adam and God were walking in fellowship in the garden of eden. Did you know that the real words of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida were supposed to be In the garden of eden. Far out man.

Then Eve comes along. What was said as Adam and Eve walked around the garden? Did they hold hands? Were roses the flower of choice back then?

And did Eve ever tell Adam, "Oh that serpent. He does have a way with words. He writes, I mean says, so many things that sound so close to what God is saying. He sures makes me think".

He sure makes me think, right before he deceived her. Right before following what he said led her to lose everything she had enjoyed in fellowship with God.

He sure makes me think. I sure didnt think he would deceive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment