Wednesday, August 17, 2011

IF A BLOG ISPOSTED, AND NO ONE READS IT, IS IT STILL A BLOG?




This is a picture of pretty toilet paper covers. You see, they go over an extra roll to be put on a shelf or a sink or a counter top in the bathroom.


Remember the old question about the tree falling in the forest and if no one hears it, does it still make noise? I know there is another question about the forest, something about where a bear relieves himself. The Charmin people seem to think that bears use their product exclusively for their bathroom needs.

That led me to think about this blog. Or any blog. or any comment I may add to any blog. I ask myself this question....... If I post on this blog and no body reads it, is this still a blog? Partially out of ego and partially out of going back to the beginning of this blog, my answer to the question is, Yes, it is still a blog.

There is no duty by anyone to read someone else's blog. There is no law that says anyone needs to respond to a posting on a blog. And there is no reason for anyone to think they need to care about any one's blog.

From the beginning, I had the idea that this was mainly for me. Most would not agree with much of what I would have to say anyway. Anytime I have tried journally, I have had in the back of my mind that I will write in this journal things I know others will read. So I need to write what others want me to say. Not so with a blog. I can write what I feel I want to say and not have the fear of anyone reading it and being offended. So maybe I should treat my blog as a journal. Write what I think, feel, believe, etc and not worry about offending any one.

Bears dont worry about where they relieve themselves, maybe I should not worry about what I put out in this blog either.

No comments:

Post a Comment