Wednesday, July 7, 2010

SMART PHONE, I AM NOT



Well, I entered the smart phone era today. And quickly went back to the 20th century. It is time for a phone update. I waited for this day because I wanted to turn in my flip top phone and get something fancy. I got one of those touch screen jobs. I brought it home, took it out of the box, opened the directions. It took a few minutes to find the part in English. Then, I proceded to try to figure the thing out.

After an hour of looking at the thing, I decided I am not ready for a smart phone. YOU HAVE TO BE SMART ENOUGH TO USE ONE IF YOU WANT ONE. So, I took it back. I figured I could not live with myself if I allowed myself the pain I experienced for that hour for the next two years of phone ownership.

What I got, in return, was a device that (1) receives phone calls, (2) allows me to dial out going phone calls, and even (3) sends text messages. It will take some time to figure that part out. but i will have this phone for two more years.

Now, I hope I get some calls soon and I hope I push the right button so I can speak to the person who calls me.

No comments:

Post a Comment