Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE LAND BETWEEN



I am not much of a reader. I try, believe me. But, as much as a Robert Crais mystery can hold my attention and I read the book in a couple of sittings, when I pick up a book of "substance", something that will help me in my walk, it only serves as a night light that helps me fall asleeep.

Having said that, I picked up a book written by one of the speakers at the Leadership Summit this year. Jeff Manion wrote a book on that area we all spend time in. That area between everything is going well and "wow, I am glad we got through that. I know, for some, we never get to the later destination. The area in between is called THE LAND BETWEEN. Like I say, for some, that is where they have spent most of their time.

He used a line from a Philip Yancey book, Reaching the Invisible God. It goes like this...."Life is difficult. God is Merciful. Heaven is sure". I loved that quote. We all lite on one of those spots. Sometimes we dwell too much on the fact that life is difficult and forget that God is merciful and this will not last eternally.

I am not reviewing the book except to recommend it for anyone who is going through something (oops that's everyone) that it will take some faith and patience and, most importantly, trust that God will see us through whatever it is.

In this world we will have tribulation, troubles, problems, poor decisions, bad neighbors, unforgiving relatives, mean bosses, lazy employees. But we should be of good cheer, because Jesus Christ has overcome this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment