Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"WITHOUT TELLING ME HOW BAD YOUR OPPONENT IS....."

Tonight there is another one of those get-to-gethers that they call a Debate. You know what they are, eight to ten people get together and tell any one listening how bad the others on the stage are. They begin by shaking hands. They then spend 90 minutes bashing each other. Then, at the end, they shake hands again.

Then, the talking heads tell whoever is listening who "won" the debate.

Here is what I dont want to see or hear during this campaign season, part Two......

I do not need to hear how bad anyone's opponent or opponents would run the country, or state, or city or country club.

HERE IS WHAT I DO WANT TO SEE HAPPEN THIS TIME AROUND

I would love to see the moderator start a question with, "Mr senator, without mentioning any of your opponents, would you tell anyone who is listening how you are going to handle a certain situation or what kind of plan do you have for a crisis or problem we face."

When the speaker mentions an opponent, his, or her, microphone gets turned off and the moderator says thank you and asks the next person a question, beginning with the same, Without mentioning an opponent....

I do hope someone reads this and I would like to know if any one agrees or thinks I am, again, all wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment