Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HE WAS A CHRISTIAN

We were driving home from a very nice early, pre-birthday dinner the other night. We came upon a car and we both wondered what it was. It was small, rather generic looking. When we got close enough to see the emblem, we found it was a Mercedes Benz. If not for that label, we would not have been able to guess correctly. We talked about how Mercedes and Volvos used to be so unique in their design. Now, they just blend in and do not make a statement on the road any more.

It made me think back to the harshest indictment I ever heard about me. I was still at the Postal Service. I was in a small group and I attended church weekly. I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, on the outside. A guy who delivered mail to a member of my small group started talking and the small group member asked if he worked with me. He said yes, but he didnt even know I was a Christian. What an indictment of the way I witnessed in the world. I am hoping my days of being an undercover Christian are past me. I know there are times people would have their doubts. That is something I need to work on.

I need to be like the older Volvos and Mercedes. I need to be unique in my design and, more importantly, in my performance, or the way I present my Jesus to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment